Friday, January 18, 2008

Shiny Happy People Holding Hands

Many thanks to other bloggers who've been giving AGB a bit of a shout-out (or should I say "props"... to a lesser extent "snaps"?). I didn't think too many were reading this (particularly anyone overseas) so it means a lot that you think my words were worth mentioning to the general public.


I just wanted to clarify a few things this morning. Things that have arisen from my own re-hashing of blog entries here.

Ostensibly I'd like to explain that I'm not a typically antagonistic person, I don't set out to make enemies or frustrate people. I wouldn't like to make a habit of it. I was rather a geek through most of my primary and secondary schooling but my alleged wordy intellect belies a kinaesthetic clumsiness (what we in the trendy young-adult realm dub 'being totally unco') and a perpetual desire to stop the words coming out of my mouth as I'm saying them. In other words, this dork is a bit of a dunce sometimes.


Just to let you all know that for all my criticism, I do respect that at the very least, GA is keeping the sport running in this country and continuously allowing fans the chance to see their favourites comepete at all. Heck, they got a World Championships here. And while I don't love all the things that national coach Peggy Liddick does or says, I admire any woman that can take over a national sporting program, keep it running every year and get its athletes competing internationally. Not that anyone's holding a gun to my head or anything as I write this, I just thought I'd get it out there.

So I complain and critique quite a bit, but I don't hate. I'd hate to be hated back... I mean, surely this cute little accent of mine is enough to get me out of trouble, officer? *bats eyelashes under akubra hat*

"Whadjoo call me!?"

If anyone would like to see that elusive footage of Dasha's double layout in training, YouTube user and all-around gymnastics multimedia wonder Nade uploaded an excerpt, doing the trick I tried (but couldn't follow through with uploading because my internet is beyond lame), filming it off the telly with a digital camera like The Little Engine That Could. You might have to crank up the sound a bit. Excuse the scrolling newsbar/s as well, Fox Sports seems to think we all have eight eyes and just as many brains to process it all. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Froggy said...

Oh come on Mez ..... at Sydney Oly's I proposed to Svetlana Boguinskaia .... that certainly started a conversation. Just talk to the girl, she doesn't bite

Mez said...

You saucy devil :P

The time constraints of a checkout queue do tend to put a dampener on things. But thanks anyway!

-M