Friday, March 28, 2008

PacRim: News and Notes

Despite today (yesterday? Damn you, timezone changes!) being podium training for ALL women at the Pacific Rim Championships, the USAG website is once again choosing to only show media snippets of the US women. By the looks of things, only the US women were interviewed for television/newspapers, and they're the only ones photographed on the event website. It's disappointing as several gym federation websites (including, but not limited to, Gymnastics Australia) have listed the site as the official port-of-call for coverage from the event. It all seems a bit one-sided to me. And hey, I checked the 2006 PAC site and it was more of the same.

I *think* you can spot the Aussies in the background in this photo, just beyond an in-motion Samantha Shapiro.



I think. They're wearing pink, I connected the dots :P

According to a GGMB poster (to whom many of us are very grateful), Australia's podium training went something like this:

Australia wore blue tanks with pink on them. They had one girl who did not run/warm up, but did swing a little bars. (Brown hair). Dasha is so cute, and everything she did was to Peggy's liking... As well as Britt Greeley... When they went to bars, all the girls would shout "catch, catch" on every release, which I thought was cool.
So...all good signs, then, I hope!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember them yelling that in Melbourne at CWG too. So supportive. I love it.