Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Helpful Things

1. Individual routines from PacRim have been uploaded by YouTube user doublelayout10 so you don't have to wait for a whole 10-minute chunk to load in order to get watching. So full routines are there but it just means you don't get the hugging and hi-5's (and score!) after them.


2. International Gymnast has some info about Kabaeva/Putin, and if you're registered with GGMB you can read some additional information (and speculation) there, too.


3. It has been revealed that the blue t-shirted girl hugging the team in the PacRim Part 5 video is WA junior Tain Molendijk, who was injured and didn't end up competing. If you ask me, I reckon it's a bit of a conspiracy... they kept her off the floor because there was no chance the announcers or commentators would be able to pronounce her name...


4. Dasha's latest column is up. And Olivia's should be soon as well...?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow she was super tall for a junior. Towered over all the other girls!

Larissa

Anonymous said...

Tain's name is simple. This rain and replace the r with the t.

Mez said...

I figured as much, Anon. I was thinking about her second name.

Mollun-dyk?
Moh-LEN-dik?
Mollund-jike?

Anonymous said...

The correct pronunciation of 'Molendijk' is MOW-lun-dike. At least, that's how it would be pronounced in Holland, which is presumably where Tain's ancestors came from. It means "windmill dyke", and if that isn't a Dutch name, I don't know what is!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mez
Are you going to the Victorian Championships this weekend at MLC?

Mez said...

I really don't know. I'm a bit tied up with Honours work at the moment, I need to make as much of my free time as I can.

I would love to go, but seeing as Saturday is my 'day off', I've got to be using it to take care of some important academic housekeeping.

Sorry, folks.

Anonymous said...

The Putin Kabaeva romance is on ninemsn today. He left his wife for her.... weirdest story ever

Mez said...

It's on The Age, too. But they've listed her as a "dancer and model" first, then a rhythmic gymnast.