Sunday, August 10, 2008

ATTENTION READERS: STOP DOING EVERYTHING.

If you are not near a television right now (2:35pm-ish), get near one!

Prelims session 1 is showing now on Channel 7. China rocked beam, they're now onto floor. They keep showing only the Chinese and Romanians though, nobody from the mixed groups yet.


(ps - somebody get Liz some echinacea, STAT! She won't have a voice by Wednesday at this rate!)

Gotta admire her banter with Simon, though.
*on Chinese gymnast's slight shuffle on beam*
L: "I'd deduct .3 for that."
S: "Well you would, Liz, you're tough!"
L: "I'm... I'm accurate."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well so much for a great CHUNK of prelims... I shouldn't complain at least they showed something but was hoping for more.

Fingers crossed for the Aussie girls tonight. Have a blast girls!!

PS- Well done to Steph Rice on claiming the 1st Gold for Australia which also happened to be our 400th Olympic medal!!

Anonymous said...

I watched every second! It was worth waking up for on a Sunday!

I hit the roof in disbelief when He fell on bars (but was secretly happy). Also laughed my ass off at that comment from Simon Mez! Sometimes in their commentary, and it happens with Sandy Roberts too when he commentates with her, you know she is just biting her tongue thinking 'why must I work with such an uneducated person?!' I know that Simon, Sandy etc are there for a bit of a laymans view of the sport, a bit of a relief from all the technical speak Liz C does, but seriously, sometimes I feel embarrassed at what they say. Liz C knows her shit and if Simon tries to oevrride her with a comment like that, well, I'm glad she replies with a 100% serious comeback!

Can't wait to see more tonight! I have my tape at the ready to see some American and Aussie girls in action...even though I have already seen a bit of the Americans on Eurosport :D

Larissa