Thursday, December 11, 2008

Aussie Upstart Starts Her Engines

Speak of the devil!

Photo credit: Andy Cripe

Perth's own Olivia Vivian has featured in yet another pre-season NCAA article, sharing a little bit more about her Olympic experiences and how she's faring in her new gymnastics environment now that she's been cleared to train with the OSU team. Evidently she's ready and raring to go. Good luck to her.

Vivian said the memory she cherishes is when she stuck her bars dismount on the first day of the competition.

“It was the biggest relief, just making your routine and of course, once touching those bars, I’m an Olympian,” she said. “I’m an Olympian forever and no one can take that away.”

*sniffle*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That article gave great insight into Olivia as a person. She sounds like she has a great head on her shoulders and I really hope that she loves her time at college! As an Aussie living in the USA I wish her all the best and hope that she soaks up every minute because there is a lot over here to offer!

Anonymous said...

She is definitely a lovely girl. I sent her a message of support prior to the Olympics and she took the time to personally respond and thank me.

Anonymous said...

Aw Mez, I'm sniffling with you! It was totally the right decision to give Olivia that last spot on the team.

Brinds